Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Dreaded Chase

The subject today class, dating, friendships and the chase. No one wants to admit that they follow the typical guidelines of the standard equation when it comes to meeting new friends or lovers, yet although some might not consciously even know that they are, they are. My friend and I were discussing this over breakfast today at “Jack and Jill’s” in Beverly Hills (Amazing food), and both pride ourselves to be perhaps some of the few that hate playing games but believe them to almost be a necessity if you have any chance in this crazy town. I find that every person that I unintentionally put to the wayside by being bad at returning phone calls, texts or what have you seem to be the ones that consistently desire me. I’m not saying that they are all the same but it seems a little too on the formula that every time there feelings are requited and I am showing honesty and interest, the situation almost immediately will flip flop to where I am the one being put out to pasture. Most recent example of my last sojourn into the sticky lair of dating went as this exactly after a few weeks and then guess whose coming around again once I gave up and moved on. Merely a coincidence, perhaps sometimes but not here and amazingly people seem shocked when I no thanks the option to fulfill there fleeting crush on me and than realize that the grass is greener or that someone who is available and interested must have a few screws loose. As we, excuse my French, bitched about this matching aspect of our lives, we in the end decided it will of course make the cool down to earth people you meet and the ones who don’t have the vain yet shrouded in self doubt tactic’s preinstalled more special. I don’t want to say I’m taking a sabbatical from the whole scene because I’m a hopeless romantic but nights like my last spent laughing, hugging and drinking with good friends new and old makes the idea not seem so bad. The chase, bad. Good, surprisingly mixing cabernet and chardonnay in equal parts…curiosity came to actuality at dinner last night and although our waitress might have thought I was crazy, it was delightful. Another option to avoid dating and great way to reduce gas use….drinking at home.

1 comment:

  1. hello, good evening and thanks for stopping by my little blog. i just returned from London and just added a few photos so it was quite a nice and unexpected surprise to receive your comment. after a little dinner, i will find out more about Abigail Frank...by reading your blog, that is.

    ReplyDelete