Thursday, June 25, 2009

So Downtown LA gives way to numerous new experiences, I frequently encourage people who only stay in there one bubble to find themselves there at least to check it out. The scene is so different, you can almost be prepared to see anyone or anything walking around. I'd say one of my favorite things about it is the diverse styles and ecclectic crowds, people seem to dress how they want and not give a shit what others think which is something I love. This loft party downtown lead us to meet the Guiness book of world records Fastest Etch-a-Sketcher and wow, if that doesn't sound interesting to you than you obviously haven't thought the concept over. This guy sat with his own Etch-a-Sketch and in under a few minutes without looking for a long time of it sketched a portrait of two people sitting across from him. It absolutely blew my mind and unfortunantly my video from my phone doesn't really suffice but wow. Places I suggest checking out in Downtown...

Seventh Grand- This is by far my favorite bar downtown, upstairs with a patio, leather and wood decor, extremely knowledgable bartenders wearing old fashioned attire, over 300 kinds of Whiskey....uhhhhyeaaa....., not to mention live Jazz music on Tuesdays and Wednesdays which has pretty much gotten better each time I've gone.

Cole's- Filippe's direct competition for the originators of the french dip sandwich. Has the most amazing atomic sauce I've ever tasted, great mac and cheese and I always go for the Lamb...scrumdiddillyumpcious and yes thats a word. There old fashion manhattans and sazerac cocktails are nothing short of a well crafted piece of artwork.

Next door to that is the Association which has an amazing ambiance and good drinks. There's also a great bar through Cole's behind it which feels like a secret basement or something but is pretty cool. My number one warning with Downtown, ladies...don't walk alone and ultimately try to park close and walk in groups not to freak people out but it is near Skid Row and I carry pepper spray for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment