Friday, September 11, 2009

Late Labor Day

I don’t know why I look forward to coffee so much because it doesn’t give me that caffeine boost that it gives most people and basically just tastes good to me. For a while I felt as though I was constantly spreading myself too thin. I was making too many plans and doing too many things and found myself going out every night with different groups of friends and never going to bed before 4am. During this time I thought on a few occasions how nice it would be to go out to a cabin in the woods with no computer, cell phone or form of communication and just relax. Eliminate that constant desire to check your texts or look for people you might know at a bar or think about what events are going on tomorrow night when you’re at an event this night. I didn’t like the Hollywood creature I was becoming. I’ve always believed in balance in almost every aspect. I love going out and partying but I want to balance it with staying in and reading or watching a movie, I love eating pizza but I want to balance it with eating a healthy diet most of the time.
I didn’t do it on purpose but I’ve found myself on this Friday in September realizing how “Person alone in a cabin” I’ve become lately. I’m looking back on the past week realizing I didn’t go out one of the nights, I didn’t party or drink besides a glass of wine and I barely looked at my phone and didn’t really ever feel a strong desire to. That is probably to my own demise because when I do, I seem to be missing phone calls and texts left and right and friends unhappy with me which I guess is what happens when you don’t constantly have your phone on you. It feels so refreshing though to only have my mind in the present, thinking about whatever I’m doing, the conversation I’m having and the people I’m with. It’s feels so refreshing but at the same time I almost can’t remember what it felt like to have this constant need for connection with the world, a constant need to always be doing everything and seeing everyone that I possibly could. Not that this isn’t important or all my amazing friends in LA aren’t anything short of amazing but I’ve accomplished a level of balance that I think I like.


Let’s talk Labor Day! So I’ve gotten a little caught up with writing and shooting random things this week that I haven’t taken the time to sit down and blog but last weekend was a blast. When you get to a place in your life where each weekend seems to get better and better and I have found myself here many times before, you realize how lucky you are that in spite of the things you’re lacking, life is pretty darn amazing. I spent Friday with some of my closest friends new and old at Avalon for a short while and than back to a good ol’fashioned home hangout at my spot. Saturday brought a delicious brunch at Kitchen 24 in Hollywood than off to a Dodger game in the evening which led to some adult beverages on a friends rooftop overlooking Sunset Blvd and than a stroll to The Roxy for my good friends band “It Boys” first ever live performance which was incredible. Sunday started with a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte and hitting the road for beautiful San Diego where we relaxed, rode bikes and dined until a big group dinner with good friends and my surrogate parents.



After rounds of tequila shots, we decided a bottle in our condo would be the best idea so we did that until a final late night trip out on the town in the haze of Mexican liquor. Woke up Monday to some beach cruisers, It’s a Grind and Tecate as we headed to Seaport Village for some sailing.



Perfect weather and perfect company, a few hours later we got off the boat and took the bikes out to a Happy Hour than rode around downtown until the scheduled BBQ back at home than spent the rest of the evening eating delicious food and listening to my favorite live music on the rooftop of the Meridian.





One of my best's and I were going over this the other night as I am a fan of always reiterating to yourself how lucky you are, how lucky we were. I have friends who I have known for years and gone through almost everything weird, dramatic and heartbreaking that you could go through with friends and still have them in my life as people I can lean on and who always make me smile. Yay for Labor Day weekend 09' and yay for wearing white pants after it.

Check out more photos at my Flickr!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40488733@N07/

Song of the Day: Lucky Lady Love- It Boys

Abigail Frank~

No comments:

Post a Comment