Monday, July 27, 2009

Everyone talks about different ages and how when you are well past your youth, you will look back and realize how much you were changing, how much you were finding yourself. Everyone says these times are so important. In thirty years I will become part of everyone and I wonder what I will feel for these days I live now and these thoughts and feelings that remind me all the time how right "everyone" is. I think as a child, I took a negative connotation to adults saying things like "One day you will understand" or eluding to how unworldly and unknowing I was but as I got older, I realized how those kind of statements are not only true but nor should they not be. Once you know yourself and everything entirely, there would be no life. There would be no growth, no relationships, no reason for anything.
I have such immense hope for the future but sometimes I'm left flabbergasted at how in the same brain can be torrid confusion laying side by side with the daydreaming hopeful imagination of a dimwitted ten year old. I use to dream constantly, during the day, laying up at night, almost constantly making up scenarios in my head and playing them out like a movie and now I feel as though I sometimes have to allot time to dream like its a chore in my daily planner.

This is a photo from a live body art show I went to...


I added some cool random shots I took over my birthday weekend onto Flickr so check them out :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40488733@N07/


I got back to my apartment and as I read my LA Times, Madeleine Peyroux who I listen to frequently comes on and it will always and forever remind me of staying in Paris and riding the metro by myself around on rainy mornings watching the people and falling in love with all there is out there in the world to experience.

Song of the Day= Madeleine Peyroux- Between the Bars

1 comment:

  1. "my advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while its on your plate."
    -thornton wilder, "the skin of our teeth"

    ReplyDelete