Friday, July 10, 2009

Oh hello, I didn't see you there. It is a beautiful friday and I have found myself not having the plans that I had right now so I thought blogging was perhaps a good route. There is a place that lives in my heart and more literally on the corner of Cahuenga and Franklin called "Solar de Cahuenga" which my friends and I renamed "The Crepe Place" about three years ago. One of my near and dear Peer has promised to buy it for me when he hits the big time and rename it. This spot became the daily gathering spot for an entire summer and after that it was just like home. Although things have changed over the past few years such as more tables, less couches, valet all the time, servers at night (sneeze really bad ones cough) but my memory driven kindred spirits for the place will never die. When I used to live in North Hollywood, I would wake up at the crack of dawn and drive the 10 minutes to the Crepe to sip on coffee on the patio and read The Onion or write on my laptop. Now that I officially live down the street from it, I wake up and whine about walking there...what a lazy lady I have become.
I find myself being surrounded with friends that are going through drama and confusion and as much as I absolutely hate seeing my loved ones cry or feeling powerless to stop there angst, I am filled with a sense of peace that when I wasn't looking I stopped feeling that way. Sometimes the confusion and pit in your stomach become so normal that you don't realize they were there until there gone. I know these days haven't left me for good and I will once again be reduced to a heartbroken life beaten down soul but perhaps I can reread these words I write today to remind myself that the clouds do part, love can end and begin again and you once again will have nothing better to do with your day but smile. I for one can't think of anything better to do today than that.

Bathroom wall writings of the day-


Song of the day: Honeycut- Dark Day White Lines

2 comments:

  1. Being Southern, I think it is just good manners that when someone pays you a visit or a compliment you should reciprocate. I enjoyed reading your blog, you have a gift with words (and I'm not just saying that to be polite). I particularly enjoyed your Father's Day post.

    ReplyDelete