Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It's ridiculous how connected we are, I did Runyon Canyon this morning and ran into a few people I knew there then got home and checked Facebook to read that two friends were on there way there or had just finished. After a meeting, exercise and grocery shopping, I headed to lunch with a friend and a few minutes later got a text that read "How was your salad?" Creepy, not my friend that sent it but the simple concept of how ridiculously connected we are. Facebook alone lets me know what 200 people in LA are doing whether life changing like getting married or as menial as having a cup of coffee. This is not to mention our phones which are usually on us and are a constant connection to EVERYONE. Fifty percent of me absolutely loves it and is addicted to the familial community that it conjures and the other half wants nothing more than to disconnect from everyone and find out who she is without the world always at the tip of her fingertips.

So this past weekend I packed up my Nick knacks and headed north on the PCH in search for beautiful ocean views and the taste of smore's. There's nothing like playing drinking games around a fire with friends and waking up in a tent and cooking breakfast over a fire pit. If you haven't been to Big Sur Campgrounds than you must, not only is this forest beautiful but in a small radius has a waterfall, a river running through it and much hiking for your enjoyment. The drive up the PCH from LA is probably one of the most breathtaking of any you could drive as long as you don't mind the last hour to be very windy and on the edge of a cliff. The picture above is from pulling over on the drive. Probably not a good idea to be stoned because you will freak out. I love getting out of my element because it brings me back to reality and makes me appreciate my element so much more when I get back to it. That is all for today kids, Adieu.


Cooler with chips and salsa, Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Beer....Check.
Song of the Day- I gotta feeling by the Black Eyed Peas
This song makes me want to dance and smile and forget all thats wrong in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment